As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

First, big news...the camera cord has been shipped! The e-mail said that I should receive it within 5-15 days (while informing me that had I spent an extra $10 for express shipping, I would receive it by Wednesday).

Other than that...our Memorial Day has shaped up to be pretty boring. The kids are studying for their exams that start tomorrow, and I have been a complete and total slug. Since I have been feeling better, I have not been able to sleep at night for longer than 45 minutes straight, and it has finally caught up with me. I remember this from last time, and am just so so thankful that there are not panic attacks to go along with the sleeplessness.

Hannah and I have been working on potty training this weekend and I was so so so encouraged when she told us she needed to poop in the potty and then did it on Saturday. Since then, no such luck. It looks like it is going to be a long process. We will start big girl panties next Saturday when I can be home with her and maybe that will make a difference. I never realized how lucky I was with the first three that they pretty much potty trained themselves in a week when they were ready. I really do think she is ready, and I know this momma is ready. I really do not want 2 that I have to change, and pull ups are so much more expensive than diapers.

Daryl has rented a back hoe to start on the new addition (yes,...with every new "addition" that we have to our family, Daryl has his own little addition to our house). This means that he is happy as a clam, both starting a new project and being able to drive a bulldozer. It also means that after 6 straight hours of cleaning my house that left me feeling like an old lady but with a clean house for the first time in who knows how long, that there is now mud on my floors, my carpet, all of Hannah's shoes. Whoever said we were still experiencing a drought in Georgia hasn't lived in my house with what seems like constant rain, four wet muddy dogs, and children that seem to live for slogging around in the mud. yes, I know...some day I will miss this. but for now, it is bringing out the grumpy old pregnant lady in me.

Off to try to get Hannah to take a nap. The only way she will sleep at home is if she comes to my bed and we lay down together. then it's only 50/50 that she will sleep. Yesterday...she slept. Day before that, she rolled all over me begging me to tickle her back and shining a flashlight in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment