As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!!!

I still have no camera cord...sigh...so still no pictures. I do still have Hannah's birthday pictures, and a great picture of my kiddos this morning...on this the day commemorating them making me a mother. What a wonderful gift. I can not even imagine my life without my children--despite the fact that I know it would be quieter, neater, calmer, more organized. They are my pride and joy, my light and my life, and I thank God every single day for blessing me with them.

The kids surprised me with a scrapbook of the last 7 years--we had all these pictures on the computer, but in no order whatsoever. They worked on it for quite a long time last night and it is simply the best gift, to know that they worked so hard and to have all of our precious memories all there in one place. Hannah also made me a handprint to go with the other kids' handprints from so many years ago. Such a nice Mother's Day. They haven't let me lift a finger (though I have...just when they weren't looking!)

I looked and looked through my pictures on the computer to find a picture of my own mother to put on the blog today, in honor of the best mother I know, but could find none. My mother is truly one of the most beautiful women I know, yet hates to be in front of the camera, and so I am left with no picture to post today! My mom taught me so much about being a mom, loving unconditionally, and giving your all to your children, in spite of what you might want or need. I often feel inferior when I think of the kind of mom she was compared to the kind of mom I am, but am so grateful that God sent her to me. I've been so caught up in my life, and she in her newfound busy retirement life, that we haven't spent as much time together as in years past, and that really makes me a little sad. Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I hope you have a great day and I hope that this next year brings us both more time to spend together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment