As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last Night..

Place: our bedroom
Time: midnight or so

pain, moaning, hot baths, tossing and turning in discomfort, asking for pain meds...

and NO...it wasn't me. Daryl has kidney stones. What started out as "My back hurts a little" turned into throwing up and soaking in the tub not two hours later. My goodness...a glimpse into things to come for me, except that after twelve hours max (probably) I'll have a sweet little bundle of joy (who will not be sceaming at the top of her lungs...do you hear me?) and after more than 12 hours, Daryl still has kidney stones.

Our prayer is, of course, that Daryl pass them and feel better, but also that he do so before Charlotte makes her arrival. I went to the dr. yesterday and am 1/2 cm dilated, very soft, and thinning...but probably due to the fact that this is my fifth and not that she will arrive any time soon. My midwife did say she could come any time now...and they wouldn't stop it. Since being checked yesterday, I have definitely felt her drop, as I now cannot walk without looking and feeling like a bowling ball is about to fall out from between my legs. That during labor feeling when you can't move without pain--without the steady contractions. Contractions all day long, but with no pattern.

So' hopefully, prayerfully, and as much as I hate to say it...we hope she stays put until Daryl has recovered, since all of my children have declared that there is NO WAY they were stepping foot into the delivery room (except for Hannah who said she would sit on my tummy and teach her baby sister how to play), and I doubt they would let Daryl in only to lay on the floor, writhe, and vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment