As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, August 29, 2009

This week in pictures...

Not a whole lot to report on this week, as I've been at home snuggling with the wee ones and not out and about at our usual school activities. In general, though, we've been adjusting. Adjusting to life with a newborn. Adjusting to not going to work every day. Adjusting to functioning on very little sleep!
And here is Hannah, adjusting to sharing her Daddy.

And Daryl, now that he is feeling better, getting used to feeding baby Charlotte, while....
serenaded by Hannah. I believe it was Old McDonald!


Hannah Potato Head! Grandma brought Charlotte a rubber ducky to go in her tub to tell if the water was too hot. She brought Hannah Mr. Potato Head. Hannah confiscated both gifts...and something tells me she doesn't quite get the Mr. Potato Head concept!


Grandma, Kathleen, and Uncle Chip came for a visit on Friday, but for some reason, I got no pictures of Aunt Kathleen (who looks fabulous by the way...Kath--you've inspired me!) But I did get Charlotte and Grandma

And Uncle Chip...who really did not want to hold Charlotte...because she is too small.

Hannah has been playing "school" all week, filling up her backpack with all sorts of stuff from around the house, and then flipping it over her head to get it on her back correctly. She says she is going to "ballet school." That's Josh in the background. He got in last night about 11:45 from the football game and had to be out of the house this morning at 4:45 am for a cross country meet (where he shaved off another minute and a half!) I think he is attempting to nap, while blocking out the chaos of our home with his pillow!

And here is Sarah, admiring her baby sister. Charlotte spends very little time not being held and admired by someone. Daryl's pleas of "We have to stop holding her so much" fell on deaf ears. They even get her up to watch her while she sleeps!

My only finger sucker. I tried to get the big kids to suck their thumbs instead of their beloved pacifiers, to no avail. I tried to get Hannah to suck ANYTHING to make her quiet, to no avail. This one finds her fingers daily all by herself. Isn't she just beautiful?!

And to think I have always not enjoyed the newborn stage. I don't know if it is because I know she is my last, or because she is really so very easy, but I am loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment