As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Birthday Party Fun

Saturday was the day she had been waiting for.  After waking up every single day last week and asking, "Is today the day we have my party?"  it was finally here.  The supplies had been bought (and two days in advance...a major coup for me...usually I would be scrambling the morning of), the RSVP's in (6 in all, after a nifty e-vite reminder was sent out), and the cupcakes made.  I got up early to go to my regular Saturday morning 8:00 am Weight Watchers meeting, thinking I would be able to be out of the house before anyone woke up.  Wrong.  Both girls were up before I left, and I left them in the capable hands of their father.

I came home(-3.6 pounds/10.2 in all) to Charlotte and Hannah joyfully running around, with a few stray marks on her legs.  I found out later that Char had gotten hold of a marker and colored all over herself.  What I didn't realize is that someone (ahem...Daryl) had taken pictures of her doing it!  It wasn't until I went to download these pictures til I found them!
 After getting everyone cleaned up and fed and dressed, we headed to the park for the party.  A party at the park?  Excellent idea.  The kids had a blast.  They didn't even want to stop playing to open presents or have cake.

Hannah, Gracie, and Macey
 They also enjoyed the bouncy house, a neat addition to the party thanks to my room mother, who loaned us hers for the day.
 There were a few tears, of course.  I love this picture, as it shows Hannah's loving side.  She just could  not stand for her friend to be hurt.
 Fun on the slide
 Charlotte just walked around the playground for the most part, climbed up the rare slide or two.
Walked outside the fence and then got confused about how to get back in (I swear she walked out of the playground, came to the other side of the fence, and cried for a good ten minutes)
Josh and Maranda joined in the fun.
 And Maddy, she was such a trooper.  She was the official "princess/prince catcher" and chased them around the playground and put them in the "dungeon."
 It was finally time for the cupcakes.

 And the presents--she got 3 Rapunzel Barbies!
 Charlotte confiscated one of Hannah's gifts...a baby (of course!)
 Then it was time for the pinata.  I later found out that this was the first time that any of the kids had a pinata at a party.  We took turns for a while.
 And then my big strong boy gave it a whack
 Oh the squeals!  They loved it!

Daryl took the kids from the park to go Mother's Day shopping while I got  to go home and relax and rest.  And boy did I need it.  I don't know if it was the excitement of the week (Mother's Day in first grade...exhausting!) or standing/walking/running/supervising in the sun for three hours, but I was beat.

All in all, I would say it was a success.  I was worried because only six had RSVP'd but it turned out to be the perfect number of guests.  So glad I don't have to do it for another year though!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! What a busy and FUN Mother's Day and Birthday Weekend for all of you! The party seemed like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete