As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Blogger MIA


Have you seen this blogger?
Height:  5'9                
Weight:  too much, but slowly and surely shrinking
Hair Color:  Miss Clairol "Golden Brown" with roots visible
Eye Color:  Dark brown and bloodshot with heavy bags
Distinguishing Characteistics:  bags under eyes, water bottle in hand
If found, please return to home, school, church, car, with cold diet coke, preferably with crushed ice.

Friends, it has been at least three days since my last post.  I can blame Blogger for part of it (and can I tell you that finding it was down was sort of a relief?), but the other part I can blame on just being, and excuse my southern colloquialism, "slap worn out."  The end of the school year is fast approaching (9 1/2 days,...but who's counting?), and as usual at this time of year, everything else seems to kick it up a notch.  The children at school are wild and wooly.  The children at home and grumpy and fighting (plus none of them seem to be doing any of their chores...hmmmm).  It's the end of the year banquet for that, end of the year dinner for this, end of year paperwork for that, end of year committee meeting for this.  Practice here, party there, concert close to home, but party pick up duty across town.  End of year paperwork due yesterday, and "if you've been keeping up all year, it shouldn't be difficult."  IF.  Painful parent conferences to have.  New students to test.  And while you're at it, get ready for your son's girlfriend to come into your home for 10 hours a day, every day, next week to watch Charlotte because the babysitter is having surgery. (clean like a madwoman).  And while you are doing this, don't give in to the urges to eat mass quantities of ice cream/pizza/french fries/or any of the treats in the veritable treasure trove of carbohydrates that is our pantry snack shelf.  Eat only lean proteins, whole wheats, and tons and tons of veggies.  And love it.  And do so with a happy heart even though, as predicted, your husband lost in 5 days almost as much as it has taken you a month of hard work to lose.

My body is weary, my brain is weary, and my spirit is oh so weary.  I'm doing countless different things and none of them well...including sleep.  The good news?  9 1/2 days and it will be summer vacation.  Less than ten days to hold on to my sanity and my smile, and then I can have the whole summer (all seven weeks of it) to catch up.  Catch up on sleep, catch up on exercise, catch up on quality time with my kids. Read lots of books.  LOTS of books.   Get back to blogging and reading blogs daily, because really, I love it.

Until then, I hope to be back here once every couple of days with a cute picture or two, random thoughts, and mindless ramblings. 

4 comments:

  1. I said a prayer for your sanity. May your 7 weeks off be BLESSED with relaxation and tons of special moments to savor! {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH HOW I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!! We too have 9 1/2 more days to go!!! And we too are in the midst of "end of the year" this and that! PLUS my husband is dealing with letting a teacher GO (on Friday!!!!) and finding a sub for the last 9 1/2 days of school!!! (The lady totally WENT NUTS so don't follow her example!). ;)
    Unforunately, our school has summer school :( but it's a slower pace than normal school, for sure. TIE A KNOT ON THE END OF YOUR ROPE & HOLD ON!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture - it says it all! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, it's absolutely disgusting that your husband lost that much IN ONE WEEK! NOT FAIR! I wish somebody could explain to me how men lose weight so easily...it's simply wrong. Anyway, I'm proud that you're sticking to your diet! Good job! And thank goodness summer break is just around the corner :)

    ReplyDelete