Name three things that you have learned as a mother.
1. I am stronger than I ever thought possible. When my heart was breaking and my world was crumbling, my love for my children kept me going.
2. I only really need four hours of sleep a night.
3. My mother was right more times than I want to admit.
Name three embarrassing moments as a mother.
1. When at a little league game for my son, the police walked up with my daughter, and asked "Who are this girl's parents?" Seems as if my sweet Sarah had been calling 911 from the pay phone...while the policeman sat in his car and watched her.
2. When in a new church, a well meaning lady gave me a copy of The Strong Willed Child. Unsolicited.
3. Hannah likes to sit with us in the choir loft on some Sundays. A few weeks ago, during our choir special, she crawls underneath the curtain and goes to the water fountain outside the auditorium and then comes back up and crawls back under the curtain.
Name three things that your children said to you today.
1. Hannah: "Mommy, Jesus didn't want to be our king. He wanted to be our Savior!"
2. Josh: "Did you know that you and Dad forgot to take Hannah to bed last night?"
3. Maddy: "Guess what I made on my math test. It starts with a vowel."
Name three things that you wish for your children.
1. That they each have a growing relationship with Jesus
2. That they each have a marriage as happy as ours
3. That they are healthy and happy
Name three gifts you want for Mother's Day.
1. A clean (at least on the surface) house
2. Absolutely no fighting or arguing
3. An hour in the sun with a book and a diet coke