As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Gone, but hopefully not forgotten

Because I'll be back...I promise!  Just feeling a little overwhelmed right now and am giving myself until Friday to get my life in order so I can start enjoying summertime.  I've got at least 15 loads of laundry (not kidding here, either), plus 5 baskets plus a sock basket to fold and put away.  I've got a house to clean from top to bottom so we can maintain it over the summer.  I've got a year's worth of papers to file, last year's writing samples to score and file and pass on, and two semesters of curriculum maps to complete.  Thank you notes to write, coupons to file.  A closet or 3 to clean out and a goodwill trip to make.  And this is all after I pack up my room and move it all into a storage unit.  Do you see why I might be just a little overwhelmed?  It's like Hannah, who doesn't know where to start cleaning her room, and so she doesn't and the mess just grows and grows until she's a puddle on the floor, crying that her "legs hurt" and she can't possibly get it done all by herself.  Except.  (don'tcha hate those?)  In Hannah's case, I sweep in and do it with her, and it gets done.  Unfortunately, no one will sweep in here and do it for me.  In fact, many little ones (and a few big ones) will probably sweep in and make it just a little bit harder.

When I do get my life together, I have lots of things to blog about...Hannah's last day of preschool (sniff), a trip to the lake to see the twins, and the top ten things I learned from being without power for 12 hours.

Until Friday......

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes you've gotta get organized so you can relax! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wondered where you were - and wondered if you survived the last week of school. :) I hear you on having to organize and get things done before you can finally RELAX. I hope you can get things done efficiently - and be able to put your feet up soon.
    PS Too funny about your Hannah - she sounds a lot like my Anna. I've rescued her from her room many a time - and keep saying it's the last time ... but it never is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word! I'm exhausted just reading it all... of course that will be me next week. I hope you get it all done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You do have a lot going on. The end of the school year really is just a crazy time, good luck!

    ReplyDelete