As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, July 12, 2009

This is what I came home to Saturday morning after helping with the prayer breakfast at church. My very own superhero....cape and all. Sarah had taken an old piece of material for the cape and Hannah had found an old Georgia pom pom. All you have to do is fall on the floor, or pretend to be hurt or dead (morbid, I know...but she thought of it!), and she goes and stands on a chair, raises her right hand, and says, "Da da da da da! Superman! I will go and save someone!" Then swoop down and kiss you on the cheek, and poof...of course, you will be all better. I mean, how could you not when being kissed by a superhero as cute as this???

And how often these days I need my very own superhero to swoop down and rescue me from my anxiety, my weariness, my sadness, my hopelessness, my total and complete self involvement during times as these. Luckily, gratefully, and mercifully, I do...in Jesus. It's just remembering this, focusing on this, and celebrating in this in the tough times that I need to work on. For He is watching me, allowing me to suffer in order to build me up, and waiting for me to realize that He is greater than this season, greater than my anxiety, and able to leap tall buildings (or my own walls that I have built) in a single bound!

No comments:

Post a Comment