As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, July 3, 2009

A Work in Progress...

Yes, ladies and gentlemen...it is...a wall!!!!!

And the makings of another...
and this, my friends, is my sweet Josh...in some not so sweet cut off blue jean shorts...lifting the truss up. (For those of you as house building ignorant as I am...it's part of the roof)

And my sweet Hannah, looking out the window at her "daddy" and her "brubba". She wanted so desperately to be out there and be catching roly polies and playing in the sand, but Daryl was moving the trusses and big pieces of plywood, so she was not allowed. While in this picture, she looks quite content with that decision, she really was quite distressed!

And last but not least, her brand new roly poly catcher/cage. We talked at length about how the roly polies could live in the cage and we could put grass and rocks and sand, just like the tupperware dishes, and that she wouldn't have to carry them around in her hands anymore. I really thought she had captured the concept. Until she came in, cage full of roly polies, and emptied them onto our kitchen table, scooped them up in her hands, and took them to "play." Notice the one little roly poly that escaped her clutches!

It has been a week where I, too, have realized that I am still a work in progress. I had been so relieved and so proud that this pregnancy had been seemingly sleep problem and panic attack free. Remember the old saying, "Pride goeth before a fall?" Enough said, I think. It's been 4 days of inner turmoil, very little sleep--I think 6 hours for the whole 4 nights, and lots of introspection, crying, and general unhappiness. Able to function to take kids to and fro, make dinner, do dishes 246 times a day, and entertain Hannah, but barely at that. Last night, I succumbed to taking a sleeping aid that my dr. prescribed and got 6 hours of sleep, and feel much better today. Hannah and I have gone for a walk, I've gone grocery shopping, helped Sarah make a dessert, listed things on e-bay, done laundry, and generally had a somewhat normal day so far. So incredibly thankful, so incredibly humbled, so incredibly discouraged, all at the same time. I am hoping, praying, wishing that this is the last episode of it's kind of this pregnancy. But even if it is not, at least it's only 8 weeks to endure instead of the 18 of the last. And...a good, solid, decision making reminder that birth control....it's a good thing.




No comments:

Post a Comment