As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Waiting....can actually be sweet



I love this song. Absolutely love it. I first heard it when we were watching "Fireproof: The Movie." If you haven't seen it, you should. The acting's not great, but I loved the story, loved how it was all about how God worked in a marriage. But I loved loved loved the song the very first time I heard it and still do.

And it holds special significance (gosh, that just doesn't look like it is spelled right!) right now as I wait for this birth of this baby. Wait for my life to return to some semblance of normal as I get my body back. About a month ago, when things got really bad with the anxiety and the sleep problems, I held on to the premise of this song and decided to do just what the song talks about--wait patiently, but while I'm waiting, serve Him, worship Him, praise Him, follow Him in obedience. And it has really been a sweet sweet time in my spiritual walk.

Because I don't sleep a whole lot (but a lot better than I used to!)I spend those dark early hours of the morning in study of God's word, reading, meditating, praying. I spend that last hour before I fall asleep the same way. I've made it a point not to wait for the message each Sunday morning to touch me, to excite me, but to purposely choose to listen to the message and what God has to say to me through it.

And sweeter still is the sweet, tiny little voice from the carseat in the back as she sings along when this song comes on the radio. It just warms my heart to hear my little girl singing about the Lord. I know that she doesn't totally understand about God, but she has in the last few months began asking questions and offering insight about God that only a three year old can (for example, did you know that it makes God mad when your sandals hurt your feet?). The big kids came to their knowledge of and relationship with God much older than Hannah, so this is all new to me, and really...what a blessing to experience your child growing up in the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment