As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, July 31, 2009

First Day of School!!!

Today was the first day of school, so here are a few pictures of the kids as they "joyfully" got up and ready!!!!

Maddy was the only one excited to go to school this morning!


Here's Hannah, saying goodbye to her beloved Speedo, our class hamster, that had the privelege of living at our house this summer!

Don't let Sarah fool you...she was really glad to be there, glad to see her friends!

And then there's Josh. See, the thing about having a child that can drive is that everyone is not up at the same time, so I had to get his picture once he got to school. I told him to come to my room when he got there...not telling him why! Ha!


anyways...it was a good day for everyone, I think, though Sarah did come home with homework on the very first day. My first graders were just precious, but this year, I have 13 boys and 5 girls. I usually have a girl heavy class...I think it's because of my love for integrating art into just about every area of the curriculum...so this is a huge departure...and learning experience for me. Thirteen little boys make for a noisy active classroom! Sweet sweet kids, but my goodness!

Other good news....Finally, after nearly three months and thousands of dollars...Josh is getting his car back tomorrow!!!! Yay! I know millions of people survive on only one car for the entire family...and that some have no car at all, but what a relief and convenience it will be to have Josh be able to drive AND leave me something to drive as well. And I"m sure PawPaw will be happy to get his truck back! Thank you, Nanny and PawPaw for letting Josh borrow the truck so often!

No comments:

Post a Comment