As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, June 8, 2009

Best laid plans....

What is that old saying about the "best laid plans of mice and men?"

My plan for today was: Say a tearful good-bye to Josh and Sarah as they boarded the bus to go to camp in Daytona. Drop Hannah off at the sitter's for the day. Come home, tackle laundry. Work on lesson plans (yes, I know it's way early...but gotta get it done this summer just in case). Cross-stitch for at least an hour...gonna have this stocking finished for her 4th Christmas! Take a bath, a nap, read. Maybe sit in the sun for a while.

My day so far: Get out of bed at 7. ( Note that I didn't say anything about waking up at 7, because I'd been up pretty much all night. Full moon? My babies leaving? Anxiety? Discomfort? Probably all of those. Got to sleep about 4:30 am, only to be awoken by Hannah at 5:15. Daryl went to soothe her and get her back to sleep, only to declare he "lost" and dump her on my side of the bed. So all in all about 45 minutes of sleep. ) Say tearful good-bye to Josh and Sarah at 7:30. Go back to bed to read and maybe a short nap. 12:00 wake up. Hmmmm....

So today is not going to be nearly as productive as I thought. But hey...that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment