As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Friday, June 5, 2009

Random Stuff...

So hard to become inspired with no pictures to inspire me...but they "guarantee" me that it will be here soon. What a disappointment it will be if it has been the camera all this time and not the cord!

Week 1 of summer done...finished...kaput. And can I just say?....I AM BORED! Bedrest always seems like such a great thing, until you really have to do it. And since this isn't even official bedrest, I don't really feel like I can complain, should be grateful. And while I am grateful that baby noname (otherwise known as "my baby" by Hannah) has not made her appearance yet and that I am feeling better, do you know how many times a day I want to scream??? Because I can't play with Hannah and take her places like I want to. Because there are only so many times you can watch Alice in Wonderland without questioning your own sanity. Because it's so dang hard to have the urge to nest and get things clean and ready for your new baby when your family is basically a bunch of slobs (oh, but I love them!) and your husband is digging a ginormous hole in your back yard and tracks mud in every day and you have no money to go shopping. Because I want to be up off of the couch for longer than 15 minutes at a time to get something done, instead of frantically fitting everything I want to do in that short period of time. And don't get me started on these dogs. Enough said.

Week 2 of summer will bring some respite, but sadness too. Maddy leaves tomorrow for a week at the beach with her cousins. Josh and Sarah leave Monday for camp in Daytona. Fewer dishes, less laundry, fewer glasses left around the house...but fewer people to entertain Hannah, to run up or down the stairs to "see her pee pee," to get her "snacks." But don't feel sorry for me...I'll be enjoying our sweet set up of my stadium chair next to her plastic Kroger swimming pool. I'll at least get some sun..which I LOVE...albeit on only one side of my body!

We finally had our echocardiogram done on Wednesday. Lo and behold, we were on the schedule and with a doctor that could indeed perform the tests. (While we were in the waiting room, a lady came hours too early for her appointment, but the receptionist told her she could still be seen...that she didn't have to come back. Um...hello...why couldn't you have done that for us??? Daryl took one look at me and said, "Just keep quiet and go pee in your cup.") We got to see our little girl, who is indeed still a little girl. She is about 2 pounds and in the 57%--a welcome change from Hannah, with which we got the following comment every time we got a peek at her--"Oh my goodness, what a big baby you've got there!" Her heart and everything else looked great and growing normally for her gestation. Now we are done with them, and just have to see the regular OB every two weeks.

And finally, a funny from Hannah. Her version of this little piggy:

This little piggy went to market.
This little piggy went to the store.
This little piggy went to Target.
This little piggy didn't get to go anywhere and he said
wa-wa-wa all the way home!

No comments:

Post a Comment