As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all of the great dads out there, but especially these three:

My wonderful, amazing husband, Daryl, who amazes me every day with the father that he has become. He is also--or used to be when we could stay up that late--be a big David Letterman fan. So, in honor of Daryl, each child wrote their very own Top Ten List of why they were glad he is their dad. They were funny, touching, and oh so very sweet. They were also so very personal, and so I told them I wouldn't share them. Needless to say, I can safely say that our children appreciate their dad as much as I do, and I was just as proud of them for pouring out their hearts as I was of him as their father today!
My own daddy! He is one of the most generous men I know, and always has been there when I needed him. He wasn't around a lot when I was a small child, but I have so enjoyed watching him as he became an amazing grandfather to my children. He has been patient, and kind, and patient, and giving, and did I mention patient? I love you Daddy!
And my father-in-law, more commonly known as PawPaw around this house. What a wonderful spiritual leader he is for his family, and raised Daryl to be a man of faith. He also, from what I can tell, makes a great recliner companion--all of the grandchildren seem very content to sit with Paw Paw in his chair--including Hannah!

For Father's Day, my parents and brother joined us at Cracker Barrell for a yummy dinner and then back to our house for cake and ice cream.
Here is Josh trying on my Snuggie, a gift from my mom. This will come in handy when it gets cold this winter and I don't have baby noname to keep me in hot flashes.

Sarah, Maddy, Hannah (hidden in there!), Grandpa and Grandma enjoying some cake and ice cream....
While Josh and Maranda were dragged into the living room to "PLAY!"

And here is about the least flattering picture of myself I could ever find...but a good chunk of our time was spent trying to school Grandma on the ins and outs of Facebook. And yes, ...it really did take all these people!
And last but not least... a picture of Maddy right before going to her very first event with the youth group. My baby is officially a "teen" at the church. Tonight, she will be "locked in" with the other teens, and after this, graduate from AWANA's to the youth group. She is excited...I am...well...not so much. She will always live in my head and heart as a precocious 4 year old!


No comments:

Post a Comment