As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Seven years ago, Maddy woke me up with these words--"We're getting married today!" Little did Daryl know how much his life would change forever on that day. Not only did he marry me, but he really did marry "us." And it has been "us" against the world ever since.
Seven years ago at this time, I was at the church already, talking with the florist, nervous...so nervous...that he wasn't really going to be at the end of the aisle. That I had scared him away, that he had changed his mind, that he still wasn't sure.
And in that seven years since that day, that day that seems so long ago and just yesterday at the same time, it seems like we have lived a lifetime. In just short seven years.
*For better or worse...So many good good times. Some not so good, but really never so bad.
*In sickness or in health...aside from the kidney stones, not a whole lot of sickness and thankfully a whole lot of health. Unless you include pregnancy in that sickness. I wouldn't wish my pregnant self on my worst enemy...much less the love of my life!
*For richer or poorer...from that first year where money was not an issue, to the adjustment of private school tuition...and salary.
*From, "It doesn't really matter if we have any more children," to "Maybe we should just see what happens," to "Why isn't this happening???" to "God knows what he is doing," to "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" to "Um Lisa, why is there a pregnancy test on the counter?"
*From, "I really don't like the white kitchen," to having each and every room in the house re-done (except for one!) resulting in probably six out of the seven years solid of some sort of construction.
*From 40 Days of Purpose to VBS to deacon/widow banquets to Romania--following the Lord in obedience...together.
*From potty training to driver's ed,
*From fiesty door slams to colicky infants,
*From 2 dogs and 1 cat to 4 dogs, one cat, 2 gerbils and countless guinea pigs
*From Piedmont to Columbus State to Liberty University,
*From here to St. George Island seven times.
My, how far we've come. How far we have yet to go. What an amazing ride it's been. And I can't wait to see what blessings the next year holds!
Happy Anniversary Daryl!!! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment