As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, February 16, 2009

For just one day....

Or maybe I should say, for just one week....I just love being a stay at home mom. And this picture illustrates it all. Laundry? Done and folded. ALL OF IT. I got to have quality play time with my baby girl, and I got some quality time to myself to read (my very favorite thing to do!). Now of course, after about 10 minutes, Hannah arrived with all of her "people" and five minutes after that, her "barn," so it was short lived, but still...
Another part of staying home that I really really like is being able to wake up and have time by myself on the computer with my diet coke. And I don't have to wake any of my children out of a deep sleep to get them ready for school. Hannah awoke about 8 this morning...at least that is when I first heard her. When I went into get her, she had about ten books in her bed and greeted me with, "I love to read books, Mommy!" Oh how this makes my heart sing!!!! Sarah went up to her room to read earlier, and Hannah kept walking in and out of the living room with arms full of books. Turns out she was taking her books into Sarah's room to read with her.
I just wanted one of my children to enjoy reading as much as I do, and while the others enjoy it, they would much rather be doing other things and only resort to a book when they are bored out of their minds and don't want to clean their rooms. I, on the other hand, read every chance I get. In the car at stoplights, while I'm cooking, in the tub, in front of the TV. It looks like maybe...just maybe...some of this has rubbed off on Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment