As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Why I love having daughters....

Yesterday, Hannah's babysitter called me at school to tell me to pack some short sleeved shirts for her. So, since I had packed them all away, we made a trip to my very favorite place in the retail world...Target. (And just so you know, Hannah can now recognize it and screams "Togget!" whenever we pull into the parking lot) On my way to the toddler section, I ambled by the women's section and lo and behold, there was a super-cute dress on clearance. And it would grow with me in the next few months. How could I resist????


And, as I was making my way to the back of the toddler section (because that's where the good stuff is, not because I wanted to check out the shoes), I saw this lovely pair of shoes that matched perfectly. Not on clearance. I got them anyways. Irresponsible? Probably. Immature? Yeah. Worth it? YES! It has been so long since I have felt anything but frumpy and I needed a boost.


So anyways...I got dressed this morning and went to wake up the kids. Sarah, who usually gives me one or two incoherent responses before I have to raise my voice, opened her eyes...looked at me...and said, "OOOOH! Cute shoes!" Maddy, who is more than reluctant to wake every morning and whose morning routine usually involves some sort of crying about the fact that she doesn't want to get up, greeted me with a "Come here... You look so pretty...and I LOVE those shoes!"


And of course, here are my girls trying on my shoes...the new tradition every time a new pair of shoes comes into the house.


And below is my latest defense in the morning sickness/weight gain battle--peppermints. These for some reason make my stomach feel better, so I am going to try one of these instead of a cracker next time I feel sick.





No comments:

Post a Comment