As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yesterday was plain awful...

(Title taken from one of my very favorite musicals--Annie) But today will be better.

I came home yesterday at 10 with some sort of stomach bug. Felt awful all day.

Last night my 18 year old, incontinent cat finally died. While we have been watching and waiting for a while, and while I have several times in fits of anger wished he would die already, this hit me hard. Maybe because he was my very first baby. Maybe because I had never really seen an animal dying before. But yesterday I was there the whole day.

My sweet husband--how did I get so lucky?--who is allergic to cats and whose shoes were so very often the target of Rufus' pee-capades, sat with him for an hour last night before we went to bed and took care of him this morning so I wouldn't have to see him.

but today is a new day...and it's bound to be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment