As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

This requires more creativity than I thought it would,

Posting every day, that is. There's just not so much going on in our lives that warrants picture taking most days, but a resolution is a resolution. Not much going on here today. It was supposed to be a snow day, but since we all had to go to school (begrudgingly too, may I say), we're spending tonight doing a whole bunch of nothing.



Hannah has enjoyed playing house in the dog cage...



and modeling the latest in Santa wear.

The big kids have been playing Wii for the last few hours,
and Daryl has been working on our taxes. Ugh. The only thing that he's said so far is, "Wow, I didn't realize how slow this year has really been." Not a good sign, I don't think. But with the housing market slow, so is his electrical business.
Luckily, he teaches as well, and that is our/his major source of income. His job is pretty stable and I hope and pray that mine is as well. My job means so much more to us than just my salary. It means that our children can go to a Christian school, which is so worth the sacrifices of a drastically cut paycheck, scrimping for school bills, and a half hour commute each way. There is not way that we would be able to affofrd to send the kids to ELCA without the discount I get for teaching there. I can't imagine sending them to public school, or going to school without them, really. Josh has been at school with me since 2nd grade and the girls have never been to school without me there. Three of my dear friends at school got notices this week that their contracts would not be renewed. It just breaks my heart for them, for their families, and for the family that we are as a faculty and staff. It's hard not to be worried in these times, but I have faith that the Lord is in control...no matter what happens.





No comments:

Post a Comment