As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Valentine's Day Cuteness

How precious is she? I couldn't resist pulling this dress out for one more wear, even though it really is too short. I think the tights did wonders for it, and while I wouldn't put this on her on a regular day, it was perfect for the day after Valentine's Day. The tights even had a big red heart on the tushie...but I didn't realize it until we were already at church!
We have heard from Josh, and he has arrived in Jamaica safe and sound. He started his trip playing soccer with one of the locals...and breaking his toe. Guess it's a good thing that it's warm and tropical down there, because he's basically relegated to flip flops now. Today he said it is "beautiful....83 and with a slight breeze...just gorgeous!" His words, not mine! He really has a heart for the people of Jamaica, and he loves the country. The momma in me would love it if God called him to Jamaica...nice and close and not dangerous. But the believer in me knows that he...and, sigh,...we will only be happy if he is in the center of God's will.
We had a sort of preview this month of what he has to look forward to if indeed he does end up on the mission field. Some of our visiting missionaries went to Bible college, then out to raise support, and then to the country to learn the language, etc. Others are going right to their mission field after raising support. Some have to be extremely careful about what they say and do, and are in danger of persecution or even death if they are known to be preaching the gospel. Others face only opposition from other religions in the area. Some have families, some are single. But what has stood out to me is the peace that they have, the committment to serving the Lord, and their contentment, no matter the circumstances.
I'll admit that I have had a longing to go back to Romania. I'll admit to feeling strongly that God is calling me to a mission field. Maybe it is my classroom, maybe it's something more. Every time I feel like maybe God is talking to me...truly leading me, and every time I pray for clarity, for direction, for a "sign" even, I end up pregnant. Hmmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment