As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, January 31, 2009

The best laid plans....

So it was my plan to get up today and become supermom. I would clean, I would bake, I would find fun and meaningful activities with Hannah. Instead, I started my day laying on the couch wondering if this was pregnancy related, or was I really just going to die. While I was contemplating this, Hannah got her tricycle all the way up the stairs from the living room to the breakfast room and I hear, "Look! I pedaling! I pedal my bi-tik- el!" So I pulled myself off the couch to snap a picture.
Feeling a bit better mid morning, I tackled cookie baking--where I ate NO dough...just in case you have any doubt about how bad I felt...that is it. Here is Hannah who wanted me to "take picture of my cookie face!"
After a quick trip to Nanny's to borrow the vacuum cleaner (after I broke the belt and inadvertently sucked up a sock) and to Sam's for Super Bowl Party fixins, I had one last energy spurt where I mopped the floors...with Hannah's help. She loves to clean and so for her birthday, we had gotten her a little broom, mop, vacuum set. She spent about 2 minutes "cleaning" and about 20 minutes pretending she was falling down in the water (the wet floor) and "swimming." Cute stuff.

My question of the day is this....how come when I look at other people's blogs, their floors always look clean, their mirrors look clean, their houses are clean????? And mine...just a reaffirmation of my housekeeping skills and my lack of energy/motivation! And is it really possible to have a clean house with 4 kids, 4 dogs, a cat, and a husband who didn't have to be clean for anyone (and he will still tell you he doesn't have to for me either!) until he was 37? I mean, the Duggars do it. Kate, from Jon and Kate Plus 8, do it. I just must be missing something!



No comments:

Post a Comment