As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

New Holiday Declared

I have officially declared it the "Official Mom Gets to Take a Bath All By Herself Day." Seriously. All I have wanted the last two nights was 30 minutes of solace with a hot tub full of bubbles and a good book. The first night, I whispered to my darling husband, "I'm going downstairs to take a bath." Notice I whispered this because I wanted to ALONE. The tub is half full and I have just relaxed when the door flies open and there stands Hannah, babies in hand. She queals, "Bath!" (It should be noted here that earlier in the night, she screamed at the bath prospect) and then proceeds to undress herself and climb in with me (where she probably peed). After our bath and our shower afterwards(note the last parentheses), I take her back upstairs where three teenagers and one adult sit watching TV and playing on the computer...oblivious to the fact that Hannah had been gone.

Fast forward to last night. Once again, I tell everyone...LOUDLY this time, so that all will know that I do not want to be disturbed...that I am going to take a bath. I start running the water, getting undressed, when the door flies open. And this time...there stands Maddy...shampoo and towel in hand. "I'm just going to stand here and wait for you to be done so I can take a shower. Please don't use all the hot water."

Needless to say, I had a hasty shower and went to bed just a little bit grouchy. So tonight...it is MY turn. And I dare anyone to disturb me, join me, or stop me from doing so....or face the wrath of the woman with the crazy pregnancy hormones!

oh,...and by the way....the camera's batteries died AGAIN...and so no picture again!

1 comment:

  1. i hope you get a bath tonight BY YOURSELF!

    ReplyDelete