As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009!!!!!!








Happy New Year!!!! Well, we are the least exciting bunch I know. We spent New Year's Eve sitting in front of the TV struggling to stay awake....how sad is that! Here is Hannah crying because she "not want to go night night" at 10:00.







And Maddy, saying "Happy New Year










And Daryl......
















And finally, me,....great picture, huh? Maddy was trying to zoom on my face and I told her just to take the picture!












speaking of pictures, I think my camera was on the wrong setting...everything has been grainy. Must look into that.
Anyways, our New Year's Day will be spent watching football (Daryl), complaining because there is nothing on but football (Maddy), begging to watch Caillou instead of football (Hannah) and doing laundry (who else...me!) We are hoping to get a call from the kids today. We found out last night that Josh had gotten to a pay phone and called Maranda Tuesday night. Daryl was not happy about that...as we have not heard from them at all. I think his exact words were, "If Josh calls, tell him he is grounded all of 2009 for being a poopy head." It's funny that he is more upset about it than I am. I am disappointed that I didn't hear from Sarah yesterday...it was sad to not have her on her birthday, but it really got to Daryl. I'm just glad to hear that someone heard from them.

On the diet front, today started recommittment to my Weight Watchers way. I tried getting on the scale this morning to see how much damage I've done over the holidays, but it wouldn't register...just kept flashing triple 0's...guess it needs new batteries! I've got my entire day planned out already so I'm keeping my figers crossed that this is the beginning of good things. We aren't having any special New Year's food today (sorry mom!) as Daryl will eat his usual football food--wings and fries and whatever snack food strikes his fancy and the rest are eating frozen pizza.
Here's to a wonderful, lighter, brighter 2009!

No comments:

Post a Comment