As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Monday, January 5, 2009

Why Am I Up So Early?

I think this was the general mood in our house this morning for those of us who got up before daylight today to return to work (me, Daryl, Hannah).

The rest of them slept until 10:00 or later, Daryl waking Josh at 12:10 when he called! How I envied them in their cozy beds this morning. Contrary to my prediction of sleeping like a baby, I got about an hour and a half of sleep last night. I need to figure out how to get my mind to rest. to let go of the day...and the day to come. (I should have known it would be a sleepless night, as I NEVER have been able to sleep the night before going back to school.) I looked at my Purpose Driven Life daily calendar for today and the first words hit me like a ton of bricks. "You are not in control. It is God who orders everything." This has always been hard for me accept and live--a daily struggle to put my life totally in His hands. Now it seems to be a nightly struggle as well.

I am praying tonight for peace and for sleep. I am going to have to get some sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment