As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, January 8, 2009

A first for me...

I don't think that in all of my 41 years I have done anything to make people's jaws drop, but I sure have now. I watched all day as people unbelievingly heard our good news and subsequently opened their mouths in disbelief. I had a few who were genuinely thrilled for us, but overall, it was dismay and shock. It hurt my feelings at first, but then I realized that I, too, had reacted that way...along with a few tears.

I didn't think, when I started this blog, that it was going to be so hard to find something to take a picture of each day, yet, today I found myself in that situation, wishing Hannah would do something new or funny. Or that Maddy would give us one of her fashion shows, or that Sarah would perform, or that Josh would volunteer to pose.

So in search of a good photo, I grabbed my camera as Hannah got out of the tub and voila! a great picture of two of my favorite girls!

















1 comment:

  1. dismay??? a child is a gift and you would not be having one if "someone up there" did not think you deserved it and it did not need such good parents as you...nuf said...i hope you counted us as among the delighted.

    ReplyDelete