As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Shopping with Grandma

The girls--the big girls, that is--had a great day shopping with Grandma today. Grandma started the tradition a few years ago of taking the kids on a shopping spree for their birthday instead of buying them a gift. This quickly became a favorite pastime of my children, and up to six months before their birthdays arrive, they are often heard to be saying, "When I get my shopping spree..." They are indeed my children! Here are my beautiful mother, Maddy, and Sarah before they left.

This was Sarah's favorite purchase. While I don't always like her choices in this department, the girl clearly shares my love of footwear!

And here is Sarah, modeling her new green sweater...isn't she pretty???
Here is my favorite outfit that Maddy bought today...and here is Maddy modeling it, looking like she just might peruse the pages of fashion magazines!
And because Maddy didn't like the picture of herself with the sweater on, I told her I would post a picture of her without it. I'm not sure I like this picture...she looks way to old!

I, on the other hand had a day full of a whole lot of nothing and it was WONDERFUL! I stayed in yoga pants and a t-shirt all day except when I went out to get Maddy and to the post office. I took a good nap and did some laundry and a whole lot of lounging around on the computer. I love love love lazy weekends!

3 comments:

  1. are you sure your camera did not break? it is one of my favorite things to do also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have i finally figured out how to do this?

    ReplyDelete