As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, January 24, 2009

A momma in the making....

When I found out we were having another girl, I was excited, because I knew what I was in for. I already had two and they were fun--all girl, loving to dress up, wear "make-up," dancing, singing princesses. But Hannah has been so different. While she loves to wear dresses (or maybe she is just used to it!), her greatest love isn't dress up, but babies. She has several baby dolls, and she carries one with her at all times. One goes in the bathtub with her, in her bed, tucked under her arm, and strapped into the seatbelt in the seat next to her in the car. If I'm lucky, I get to awake to her talking and reading to her baby in her bed over the baby monitor. This afternoon, I heard her talking in her room and came in to find her sitting next to her kitchen, where she had set her "pallet" for her baby. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I snuggling with my baby in my kitchen!"

Then she asked me to take her picture--OK, so she has just a little of Sarah and Maddy in her!
And then the "three" of us played some hide and seek!

I am thinking that she is going to make a great big sister, and hoping that this love of all things baby will make the transition a little easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment