As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Best laid plans....

My plans for this afternoon included this....
and this...
and a myriad of other productive things.  Instead?
I sat on the couch watching Dora and allowing my toddler to eat Oreos...
just to make her stop crying.

Terrible twos?  Ear infection?  Just plain rotten? 
All of the above?

And me?  Lazy?  Desperate? Over-indulgent?
All of the above?

Whatever the case, I'd like my sweet, even tempered, laid back, non-tantrum throwing twenty month old back please.

6 comments:

  1. you gotta do (or not do) what you gotta do...

    we're seeing more temper in miriam these days - she is almost 16 mo. old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some days Oreos and Dora are the only thing that work for toddlers ;)

    Thanks for being real!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA!! I totally get that! I JUST posted about my 19 month old and how much of a stinker he is and how I think it might have something to do with the fact that he is the third born and I am just plain exhausted. LOVED this post - thanks for keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I didn't get anything done either and I don't have a two year old :)

    Sometimes everybody just needs to sit on the couch and eat oreos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We watch Dora, too, among many others and my sons love oreos! And I too makes lots of plans, but never gets it done within my timed time-frame or never gets them done at all. LOL.

    ReplyDelete