As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday, Hannah!

 It is so hard to believe that my miracle baby, the child that I prayed so long and hard for, is five years old today.  It seems like only yesterday that we were bringing her home from the hospital, all 9 pounds 7 ounces of her.  That we were walking the floor, bouncing on the bed, swaddling, singing, shushing, ANYTHING to make her stop crying.  And now she is such a big girl.  A sweet, spunky preschooler with a huge heart, a quick temper, and a love of life.

She started her day the way all big five year olds do (not)--naked and in our bed. 
 The birthday girl-as she referred to herself all day-ready for school
 Opening one present from Grandma and Grandpa
 A Sing-A-Ma-Jig--a huge hit with her, her sisters, her classmates (yes, I sent it to school with her--ha!)
 When we got to school, her classroom was ready for the birthday celebration!
 And her teacher marked her chair with a special cupcake--I love it that her teacher tried to make her feel special all day!
 Her birthday crown
 After school, we rushed home, making it home by 4:00.  We haven't been home that early in months, if at all this year.  Daryl had to teach tonight, and Josh had to be at work at 5:00, so we did presents early.
Her big present from us was her nifty new Barbie bike
 This is when I love having the big kids and the little kids--she must have had the biggest posse on the street to watch her ride her big girl bike for the first time!
 After Daryl and Josh had gone, we had her favorite meal of hot dogs and macaroni and cheese, followed by this delicious chocolate cake (a la Walmart).  I had originally gotten all the ingredients to make it myself, but was stressing myself out yesterday wondering how I was going to get everything done, so I picked one up when I was birthday shopping.  Maybe next year...
 blowing out the candles
 The cake was mmmm....mmmmm.....good!

 Forgot to mention that Sarah was gone as well.  It was opening night for The Sound of Music, and so she was at school.  It was so weird not being there for her tonight and she hated missing the festivities, but such is the life of an actress.  This is her head shot/bio that was posted in the lobby.
Happy Birthday, my sweet girl!
I love you!

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hannah! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a GREAT day!!!
    Miriam has the same Sing-A-Ma-Jig!! :) This. Lit-tle. Light. of. Miiiiiiiiiiiine. I'm. gon-na. let. it. shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that her teacher put the cupcake on her chair! how sweet! and I'm sure Hannah will never remember that her cake was from walmart, but she will remember that everybody was there and spent time with her and made her feel special! she looks like one absolutely spoiled (sweet!) 5 year old :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your dear Hannah! Your celebration for her birthday looks awesome! Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, and what a BEAUTIFUL photo of Sarah.

    ReplyDelete