As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sunday Shopping and the Saga of the Lost Ba

It started our pleasantly enough.  Sweet girl spinning in her new (to her) dress.  But then, the unimaginable happened....
We lost the 'ba.'

 In case you are wondering, yes...she is 20 months old.  And yes, I do know that she is way too old to have a 'ba.'  And yes, I definitely know that this was probably the perfect opportunity to get rid of it.  However, the great screams and wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued for the half hour of lost ba-dom was enough to just about finish me.  We were on our way to church, Daryl is in the middle of passing a kidney stone, the big girls and I had plans that did not include taking along a screaming toddler.  So with a quick trip to Walgreen's and half and hour of switching nipples and cups and scotch taping dish towels around a rather leaky fake 'ba,' (yes, I was that desperate!), we came up with an acceptable substitute.  She doesn't really care for it, but it was enough to stop the screaming...so we'll take it.

Once the great ba crisis was averted, and Daryl had assured us that he could indeed care for the little girls, despite the kidney stone, the big girls and I headed out for spring/summer clothes shopping.  Daryl gave us a budget, and then unbeknownst to us, tracked us on the bank website as we went from store to store--a sneaky little bugger isn't he?

We had a good time doing something that we all love, and it was good to spend some time with just my big girls for a change.  Here they are modeling some of their newest purchases. Hannah did have new clothes, which she refused to put on, but she also got a new Barbie, which she says she is showing you here.
 My sassy, sporty Maddy.
 And my girly girl Sarah, modeling her new makeup.
 And just to prove that she did wear clothes today...a cute picture of Hannah and Dino.
 All good things must come to an end, and such it is with Spring Break.
Not looking forward to getting back into the swing of the things, nose to the grindstone, and all the fun stuff that goes along with it.
Only 9 more school days left til a 3 day weekend!

6 comments:

  1. No judgement here when it comes to a 20 month old and her ba! She is still so little... and the guidelines will probably change someday anyway like they always do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 20 month old also still uses his bottle. I honestly was so RELIEVED to read this post. I thought he was the only one. And we also lost his bottle 3 days ago at a restaurant. I am operating on just one now. Neil is also addicted to his bottle. He knows it is there in the dipaer bag and I am terrified to leave home without it. As soon as we are out and about and he is bored, he wants the bottle. Most of the time he is not thirsty at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charlotte is the same way! I tried just giving her a nipple, and she didn't like that. I tried giving her a sippy cup top on her bottle, and she got upset. I tried putting water in the bottle...more screams! Glad to know that she isn't the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls are all lovely! I ache for baby girls but I'm blessed with 2 lovely boys who I love to pieces.
    What a fun spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charlotte- (love the name by the way!),
    I love my girls...but I ache for a baby boy! Since more children are not in the cards, I am hoping for baby boy grandchildren!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Raegan had her "ba-ba" till she was almost two :) That's hilarious that he tracked your spending. Cute pics of the girls and their new clothes, always fun to go shopping for new clothes!

    ReplyDelete