As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 1 ... in the books

So on Thursday, I officially joined  rejoined Weight Watchers.  I had been able to successfully do it on my own before we got pregnant with Hannah and then again after she was born.  After Charlotte, though, I just couldn't get motivated to do it and stick with it.  So I bit the proverbial bullet and walked into a center after school on Thursday and just signed (and charged) my life away for the next 17 weeks.  As Daryl so eloquently put it at dinner tonight, I am financially committed to it now, so I have no choice but to follow through. (Translation:  You just spent $238 of our money...you better stick with it.)

So today was Day 1.  I had gone to the grocery store to stock up on good, healthy, fresh food.  I had planned out my menu for the day.  I had my giant water bottle.  I was ready to go.  On a path to a new me.  A thinner me.  A more healthy me.  And all I could think about all day long was how hungry I was.

Now was I really hungry?  Well, yeah.  I was.  Not only my stomach, but my mouth, my hands, my heart.  For those of you who have never had an issue with food/eating, you will think that last statement sounds strange.  For those of you that have...it will make perfect sense.  It was a struggle all day long not to give in to the impulse just to give up.  But I sit here at the end of a very long day, content in the fact that I did it.

And what did I do while I was trying not to think about how hungry I was?

Well...I hung with two cuties who modeled the latest in couture headwear.



 I went to Maddy's very last track meet of the season.  It's on to the regionals next weekend.
 Here she is pulling ahead of the competition to grab 5th place out of 18 runners.
 And then came home to my sweet girls.  Did lots of laundry.  Cooked a healthy dinner. And listened to the sweet babbling of my sweet Charlotte, who is growing up too fast.
Here she is enjoying a pedicure, a la Sarah.  She was so proud of her toes when she was done! (and what is the deal with that hat again???)
All in all, a very satisfying Saturday.  Even if it didn't feel like it sometimes.

3 comments:

  1. oh, bless your heart ... I join you as one who "has issues with food". :( I've tried WW, Jenny Craig, South Beach, Atkin's, etc etc etc ... sometimes successful, sometimes not.
    I wish YOU success!!!!
    I am on a slow road to regaining my health (and long-time ago weight) too ... just via a different route. Hope we BOTH do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you! I have this thing, where I NEED to be eating stuff, or chewing something, all the time. I used to bite my nails, then I started drinking soda constantly. NOW i'm trying to chew gum. Just so I don't stuff my face all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, Lisa! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete