So in honor of the hardworking ELCA drama department and the classic musical, I decided that this Top Ten Tuesday would be all about "a few of my favorite things..." (but never fear, no whiskers, raindrops, or brown paper packages tied up with string). Without further ado, a few (like ten, really) of the things that have made me smile this week.
10. Charlotte's newfound love of books. She even cries for me to read them. She loves them...and I LOVE that!
9. Four whole days of being on plan and exercising. OK, so during those four days, I wasn't smiling. especially when my daughters oohed and ahhed over the goodness that is Chick Fil A, but I'm proud of myself now. It may not be a big thing for anyone else, but for me, it's all about getting in the diet mode. Once I'm there, I'm good.
8. Boo Boo Bunny.
My sweet room mother made one to see if we wanted to make them Thursday at our Easter party. I commented about how Hannah is always so sad to leave Boo Boo Bunny at Grandma's, and she gave it to me to give to her. (btw, we will make them, but not call them BooBoo Bunnies, because doing so would insure that any self respecting first grader would not want to do so)
7. Sisters that love each other. And don't argue with each other all. the. way. to . school. and back.
6. A four day week. Need I say more?
5. Little girls playing with plastic Easter eggs. All of my children have done this before and after Easter. And while the never-ending game of "Mama, find the eggs!" might get a little tired after the tenth time in an afternoon, it will never get old.
4. Charlotte discovering jelly beans. ( and big sisters trying to get in the picture)
2. A girl and her dog.
1. Crushed Ice
(and yes, I do realize how lame this is--but man...I LOVE IT!)