As you come to him, the living Stone--rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him--you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 2: 4-5

Thursday, April 14, 2011

In my classroom, every day before we begin our day, we gather on the carpet and have calendar time.  For each day, I have several adjectives that start with the same sound as the day of the week and the special helper gets to choose what kind of day it will be.  For example, this week, the helper decided we would have a magnificent Monday, a tip top Tuesday, a wishful Wednesday (I took out the adjective wacky after it became a self fulfilling prophecy), and today, it was thankful Thursday. 

To that point in my morning, I hadn't a whole lot that I was thankful for.  I had awoken at 3:35 with a terrible stomach ache, only to get back to sleep at 4:00.  At exactly 4:46am, I hear this through the monitor:  "Cough, cough, cough, cough, wheeze, Mamamama!  Cough, cough, cough, wheeze, Mamamama!"  I tried to lovingly put her back to sleep, but she literally climbed up me and into my arms.

She was just as sweet as pie for the first thirty minutes.  We lay on the couch in the dark watching Dora, and I thought to myself, "This is the sweetest child ever."  And then the sweetest child ever turned into a screaming diva.  All she wanted was me to hold her and walk. Every time I had to put her down to put on my clothes, do my hair, find Hannah's clothes, she screamed so loudly and so violently that had I not seen her throw herself on the floor, I would have thought she was hurt.  Needless to say, it was not the way I wanted to start my day!

So today, when I saw Jenny's Thankful Thursday, I knew what I was thankful for.  Thankful for the smile back on her face.  For the sweet babbling.  The hugs and snuggles.  And once again, she is the sweetest child ever.




Other things that I am thankful for today~~
*I am an official Weight Watcher for the next 17 weeks.  I have the chance and the tools to get healthy.
*Both Sarah and Maddy made the competition cheer squad at school.  It means lots of practicing, lots of travel, and lots of money, but they both have such a passion for it.  So proud of my girls!
*Tomorrow is a half day of school!

What are you thankful for?

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!
    I love that you list adjectives to go with the days of the week. I'm going to do that with my kids.
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what a day!! We had one of those banshee screaming mornings/days not too long ago. First I thought my child was having a SEIZURE!! It was that horrible ... but really, she was just pitching a huge fit! :(
    She hasn't done it since (well, not that extreme) ... ick.
    So, me? I'm not really thankful my bathroom just flooded :( I'm not really thankful Miriam won't go to sleep as everyone but me & her are sloshing around upstairs ... but I'm thankful for my home & for my family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by to say hi!
    You have such a gorgeous family... if I ever have a baby daughter, Charlotte would be my first choice to name her! I love that name, so beautiful.

    Ohh... and I am thankful for my health, and my children's health :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your day got a whole lot better :) And that is one cute little face! Glad she's feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is definitely cute, and I'm sure she knows it and is using it to her advantage. It's hard to be too mad at a face like that. Glad your day is getting better!

    I'm thankful my mom came to take my 7yo to school this morning so I didn't have to walk everyone in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, Charlotte reminds me so much of my sweet 16 month old baby girl...the other "sweetest child in the world" until she doesn't get what she wants...when did that start???

    ReplyDelete